Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

True Life: I actually liked True Jackson, VP, and Good Luck, Charlie.

So, this week I have spring break. Well, the weather’s not really the best to go outside in, so I’ve been inside almost all the break. This has given me a chance to watch some good old Fios on Demand. I watched some Good Luck, Charlie episodes, a Sonny with a Chance episode, and some True Jackson, VP.
It bugs me how they barely update the iCarly section. Seriously, Nickelodeon, if I have to watch your channel 24/7 to see some new iCarly, you lost a fan(When isn’t iGive Away a Car or iPie on? When was the last time you saw iCarly Awards?).
Anyway, here’s what I have to say about the shows:
Good Luck, Charlie: On Wikipedia, it seems like the executives wanted to make this show perfect. I mean, they changed the kid’s names a lot, because they wanted to make it ‘include everyone.’ O.o They also credit themselves with making it adult friendly. I understand you can’t make the entire 23 minutes for adults, but really, it’s not that hard to have a B plot (Or C Plot) for the adults.
And the characters… well… they need some work. Teddy is too much of a Mary Sue, but at least she hasn’t sung anything yet. P.J. is the “Working Class Equivalent” of Newt Livingston, another character he played on Cory in the House. They both are dumb, and guitar players. Really, is it that hard to come up with new personalities, or even try new archetypes? Gabe seems like a less annoying version of Max from Wizards, or Zack from The Suite Life. I say less annoying because he seems to be neglected.
Sonny with a Chance: The new episodes seem good, because they aren’t just Sonny/Chad shippings. Yeah they’re really ridiculous, but it’s working. Apparently, Raven Symone is going to guest star? And they’re having a parody of High School Musical, too. This season’s looking good so far.
True Jackson, VP: Well, not much to say, but they mentioned Lady Gaga in the episode True Drama, which I thought was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment