Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Adventures in Patching

I decided to get the patch yesterday, so I could get some of its new features. I normally am cautious of their warnings (Disable all custom content and make back ups), but I tried to get it anyway. I could’ve wait to get this patch, but the free store set Goal! wasn’t working, and I thought it would be because of the patch. I followed the instructions, and it didn’t really improve my game.

  • Downloading custom content’s getting kind of annoying. Every time I download and install, it says “Success!”, and it even has the installed icon and it appears in the Installed Content, but once I play the game, I can’t find the CC, and I check back in the Launcher, and it’s in the Downloads Tab, but it went back to uninstalled.
  • My Sims won’t go in their beds. o_O At first I thought I manually had to send them to their bed, but that didn’t work, either. They just teleported out of their beds. Then I thought it was a CC thing, as a promotion to only use EA official beds, but that didn’t work either. I have to now use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat to get rid of their tired moodlets. All other stuff work fine.

I think the second problem could be fixed with the resetSim cheat, but I haven’t tried it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment