Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I’m back!

So I came back from camp Sunday, and it was great.

Ambitions got delivered to my house some time last week, but I actually began playing it Monday. I decided to keep on playing with the Timbersons, because I didn’t feel like starting a new family/neighborhood, and I read that Twinbrook’s ugly. And I was… baffled with the results.

The skills are so far, good, I guess. Well, I’ve only tested out inventing. Let’s just say when elders who’ve been living forever don’t die from repairing and upgrading electronics, inventing is another way to lower the household limit. ;) And if that’s not working, I guess I could always have meteor-searchers.

The new hairs and clothes that came with Makeover mode are surprisingly decent, for EA standards! Yeah, sure, the female T/YA/A/E hairs aren’t the best, but there are plenty of male T/YA/A/E hairs which are good. There are also some female children hairs which are nice.

The clothes isn’t as good (For EA standards), but they’re still okay. Yeah sure, some aren’t practical (An apron outfit? Seriously, EA?), but I was shocked in a good way to see some things, like track suits for kids, or chef outfits for kids.

The furniture was nice, but if you want to use some, like the fire pole, you’d probably need to put it in from the start for it to look less awkward. </run on>

The new skill objects are too big to put anywhere. Seriously, the Makeover Station is huge, and the trampoline is, too.

And there are lots of glitches. :\

  • My Sims can’t sleep in their beds. They just sleep in it for a few Sim Minutes, then they just teleport out.
  • My Sims can’t change their outfits on their home lot. They seriously just go to the neighbor’s house to change. xD
  • My Sims can’t use the shower or bath. For the bath, they have the drawing animation (Like putting the bubbles in), and then the bath just gets empty.
  • Before Ambitions, my Sims couldn’t come home from work or school automatically, so I’d have to teleport them. Now I have to teleport them to work, too.
  • Nobody could come to my Sims’ house. The “Invite Over” option doesn’t work, Maids don’t come, Mail Carriers don’t come either (No written books or skill mastery certificates), and not even the repo man/woman comes!
  • And most of my Sims’ ages got messed up. A Sim in their mid-adult hood went back to the start of adulthood, a Sim in their mid-young adult hood went straight to adulthood, and a Sim older than their second cousin “magically” became younger.

I don’t feel like telling EA or writing on the forums, because I know they’re going to be nagging me about the evils of custom content, and they’re not going to tell me about anything else.

But other than those glitches, Ambitions is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment