Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Golden Question

Sidenote: My thoughts on EA’s latest shenanigans/atrocities are indifferent from most Simmer’s, so I’m not going to bother making a blog post about it, since I’d just restate the same thing. All I could really say is, at least I’m saving my money boycotting them, because I won’t want to buy Late Night or The Sims 3 Console. And is Late Night really coming out in a couple of weeks? Gah, too fast. It feels like Sims 4 will be coming out next year or something. .-. Okay, so this was still a lot, but whatever.

Tomorrow is Columbus Day, and depending on what school you go to (In America), you either have a half day, full day, or no school. There are also plenty of good deals on mattresses, cars, clothes, vacuums, and other stuff. But why? I know it’s a cheap marketing ploy, but what are the stores’ excuses? “We’re remembering Columbus discovering America by giving you a good mattress”? Ugh, it baffles me.

And then there’s the whole debate/controversy on whether this day should even be celebrated, but I’m not going to get into that.

But really, why should we get household appliances for less because an explorer found America? The two stuff are completely unrelated.

No comments:

Post a Comment