Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trick or trEAt: EA Edition

I’ve been avoiding the Fast Lane Patch, because I didn’t find anything in there worth getting. ArmenianTwin95 and I decided to get the new patch for Late Night, though, because we liked those features. But sadly, it wasn’t as easy as just pressing the “Update Now” Button. At first, we got messages that said we didn’t have the “qtcore4.dll" thing. After reinstalling the EADM for the qtcore4.dll, though the problem wasn’t solved. Typical EA. The update came, but the game didn’t work, coming with this message:

crappypatches

So it’s telling me that I need to update my game, even if it says that “Your game is up to date,” I have version 4.5., the “Update Now button’s grayed out, and the bottom left corner has Late Night’s and Fast Lane’s icon things? Major Fail.

Now, we can’t get into the game, at all.

Any help at all?

8 comments:

  1. Thats what happen to me before Late Night. You could try a system restore like I did. Might work, but Late Night was only thing that fixed my game. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should the system restore be just for the Launcher or for what? Whenever I try to restore the previous version, it says "The Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working". :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. You should of made restore point before updating. You need go back before the update. A few day before you did it, if remember the excat you did it. Might work and it might not.:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to do that, but it didn't let me restore. The restore button's now grayed out, too. :\

    And do you know the little icon things on the bottom left? It turns out that The Sims 3 (Base Game) version is 1.14. Now, when I tried to download the patch, it didn't work. -_-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no I meant your computer! Like system retore for the computer itself. Can take you back before you updated or changed anything on your pc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, okay, that makes way more sense. I restored my computer, and TS3 is back to before the patch, but it's just not responding now. Like, when I press play, it just grays out and it says it's "Not Responding".

    Oh, and it says "core_launch_failure" when I start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. Don't know what to do after that. Thats strange. I'm sorry it didn't work. I tried. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's okay. I listened to what you said on my brother's blog though, so I copied our save folder and stuff. I'll try working on it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete