Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

This Week in my Life

So, this week started out with my brother and I franticly finishing our summer reading. For the record, we started the summer reading during Mid-July, and we read during vacation, so it’s not exactly procrastinating. The summer reading included coming up with an alternate ending to a book, for a AP US History class. Yep, that’s right. We also had a test with two essays for that class. Looks like they’re not joking about the AP part.

We also got the news that our grandma’s brother passed away. That definitely made our day sadder. :( RIP.

School was okay, but the first day was filled with signing things and hearing about the future and SATs and colleges and stuff like that. Not exactly the best transition. As mentioned before, we had a test too. We haven’t gotten the grades back yet.

Oh, and I’m using “we” because my brother and I have lots of classes together, just thought I should mention that somewhere.

We’re also in plenty of Honors classes, and I came to the realization that almost everyone in it is sucking up to the teacher in blatant ways. Like, seriously, small talk with the teacher is one thing, being their Yes Man is another.

My biology teacher’s hairstyle is kind of familiar (If I recognize that hair, does that mean I play Sims 3 too much?), and there are only two other sophomores in that class. The rest are freshmen. I think in our district, biology is supposed to be a class with mostly, if not all, sophomores. So that’s… awkward.

And now we have a long weekend because of Rosh Hashanah. Happy Rosh Hashanah to those who celebrate it.

I’m looking forward to Saturday, because Jane Lynch is guest starring on iCarly, and Sunday, because my cousin’s son is getting Baptized, so I get to spend the day with my family. And then there are the VMAs, which I guess I might watch if I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment