Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Total Drama: World Tour

I’ve only had one post about the Total Drama series on my blog, which doesn’t really show my love for the cartoon. Well, as much as love you could have for a cartoon. Total Drama started out as a reality show parody with stereotypical contestants. The goth girl, the reality show bitch who everybody hates and yet stays on for a long time, the sassy black woman, the gentle giant, the fat guy only available for food/fart jokes, the dumb blonde, and so on…

Now you’re probably thinking, “How shallow of a show! That’s not funny” and stuff, but the show makes it kind of work.

The show had a worse second season, mainly because some of the characters weren’t on, and the show focused on one love triangle thing. And I didn’t have the time to watch most of the season. :x

The cartoon had a third season, which was a… musical. Yes, you’re probably confused on why I like the cartoon. The third season was an improvement from the second, because they had more contestants, and the character conflicts were somewhat better. And here’s what I think of it more:

  • Gwen. I liked her in TDI, but hated her in TDA because she was the main love triangle person. In TDWT, she doesn’t get any better by kissing another contestant’s boyfriend, and acting like she did nothing wrong. After thinking of the first season for why I liked her, I just found more reasons to hate her. She had an inconsistent on-again-off-again thing with another contestant, and then she voted him off, because she saw him kissing the reality show bitch who avoids eliminations. And at the end of the season, she has a tirade on all but five campers. And she learned to befriend one of the people she ranted a couple episodes before. I guess she’s supposed to be parodying whiny teenage girls too?
  • Heather, the aforementioned reality show bitch who managed to avoid every elimination. She had no real personality at TDA, but in TDWT, she’s somewhat of a better character. She’s not as evil. She’s probably my favorite this season.
  • Sierra. She’s a new girl who’s supposed to be a teenager, but she looks 22, and she’s parodying stalker-fangirls, I guess. She has a crush on another contestant who likes Gwen, but that hasn’t caused much drama yet. I like her a bit.
  • Owen. This season still is Owen-centric, and I think it’s (Pardon the horrible weight pun) because he attracts people with a gravitational pull. He’s still in the competition at the moment, which is probably because without him, the writers wouldn’t have anyone to use fat/fart jokes on. He won TDI, made it to TDA, and is in TDWT, so it’s pretty obvious that the writers like him. In show, he prolly won TDI because he didn’t do anything to seriously piss anyone off, so nobody voted him off.
  • Alejandro. I have no real opinion of him, but it feels like the producers of the show listened to me when I complained about Justin. Justin was supposed to be the “Hot one” in TDI, and became the antagonist in TDA, but then he just randomly changed back to the “Hot one”. Alejandro seems to be Justin, but as a consistent villain.

If you’re okay with stereotypes, satires, toilet humor, cheesy musicals, and reality shows, then this is okay. Like I said in my TDA post, it beats most stuff on Cartoon Network.

3 comments:

  1. Alejandro makes Justin irrelevant because Justin looks like a creepy cardboard cutout or a mannequin. Alejandro looks like a real person, or as real as someone could get in the TD universe.

    Courtney... oh my gosh. I honestly think Fresh TV or TeleToon or whatever has a thing against minorities. Heather(Asian), Justin(Hawaiian? Pacific Islander?), Courtney(Latina), and Alejandro(Latin) have all been minorities. And I'm not bothering to go into all the Eva/Ezekiel(Foreign-ish), Katie and Sadie(Dark skinned and Asian), LeShawna(Every African American stereotype possible) stuff.
    This rant looks abridged. :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well of course it looks abridged. I didn't want to give spoilers. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Shrug* I always watched for the entertainment part, not to see who won. :P

    ReplyDelete