Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Photo from Google.

Photo from Google.

This year, I’m thankful for my family, my friends, my health, and having a home.

I’m watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade today, and were there always this much musical numbers? It feels like this year there aren’t any floats, and it’s all just songs. I began watching this year’s at 10:30 because I overslept, but did they really have all the floats from 9 to 10:30?

And for the Pokemon float- why couldn’t they just stop at Pikachu? I used to be a Pokemon fan (And that’s where this username came from), but I stopped paying attention last year-ish. The new Pokemon look bad, in my opinion. But that’s nostalgia talking.

2 comments:

  1. I agree completely. And what's sad is that some of these artists aren't even singing, but lip-synching. Sheesh, it's the Macy's Parade! At least open up that mouth and let it rip!

    I definitely enjoyed the things like the American Idiot musical, the Rockettes, the Spirit of America dance team. I definitely enjoyed those as well as the different Marching Bands, as they all put so much work into their routines. But people like Kanye West and as much as I admire Jessica Simpson, gee whiz, they don't do anything but stand there and pretend to sing (I know Kanye doesn't, but he's a douchebag anyway, going after Taylor Swift a SECOND time). But other than those couple of things, I thought the Parade was nice. I haven't watched it in a couple of years, so it was nice to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I'm bad at telling which singers sing and which singers don't, but I noticed some today. The tween boy band Big Time Rush (At the Hess Truck Float) was definitely lip synching, and Jessica Simpson was, too.

    And I like the marching bands and dance routines, too. It's cool to see how much they practiced. The 'I Gotta Feeling' cover was nice.

    ReplyDelete