Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Homework- Done!

I finished my homework for the weekend. :D This includes busywork given to my class by my AP USH teacher, who decided to take charge of the class Monday. I still have to study for a quiz for that class, but I’ll do that later, so I could actually remember the stuff.

I could finally play The Sims 3 when it’s not past 11, which has become impossible thanks to school. I’ve been able to play The Sims 3 on weekends, but by the time I play, I get so tired I just turn it off and go to sleep. And this means I’ve been on the ninth generation for… a while. It doesn’t help that there are too many elders in the current eight slots, so the game has become boring.

And I watched The Fran Drescher Tawk Show. It was good, because she was endearing yet funny, and she still was herself. Plus, she actually has enough of a personality to own a talk show. Other talk show hosts rely on celebrities promoting their latest thing or dysfunctional people fighting with each other, but she didn’t solely rely on her guests. The episode was about nutrition/weight, and while she had Kirstie Alley on via Skype, it wasn’t like Kirstie was promoting a new book or anything. Plus, she had her adorable dog, Esther Drescher, on the show, and she parodied The View’s table discussions with a panel… of five year olds. There were two references to The Nanny- aunt Frieda’s actress came by, and Fran showed some wardrobe from the show and compared it to what she wears now.

Edit: I wanted to find a quote from an interview Fran had about her show, and she said this:

Fran Drescher: Yeah, I don't care about your movie, you're welcome to hock it, but you've got to have a point of view, you've got to be doing something for the greater good. But you know, the biggest stars actually do a lot for the greater good: George Clooney, Sting, Brad Pitt, Bono, Angelina [Jolie]. Angelina, myself, Brad Pitt, Bono, and George Clooney are the five most successful celebrity lobbyists in Washington D.C. and that's according to the Washingtonian. I was really impressed that I made their list [laughs].

Source: Laist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment