Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I don’t Know if I should be Happy or Sad..

I was channel surfing today, and I saw Family Ties on a channel. I thought, “Wait, wasn’t that show, like from the eighties? What’s it doing on television?*"” So I looked at what channel it was on, and it was a channel called “The Hub”. Since my family recently switched Cable providers, I just shrugged, and thought it was a new channel. Later, though, I channel surfed again, and saw The Wonder Years, a show from the nineties, on that same channel. I got slightly suspicious. What channel syndicates two old shows on the elusive side? I decided to Wikipedia it, and turns out…

… The Hub is the new Discovery Kids.

Apparently, Hasbro (The toy company) owned half of Discovery Kids and somehow manipulated FCC’s E/I regulations and crap, and now there’s a channel devoted to some stuff from the eighties and nineties, and some stuff from the old Discovery Kids.

I have mixed reactions. I used to occasionally sometimes (Redundancy intended) that channel, and I kinda liked Trading Spaces: Boys VS Girls and Endurance. But then they just got more gross out shows and I tuned out. And a toy company running a channel seems screwed up. Marketing at its worst?

But then again, if fans of retro shows are happy, and kids could also watch those shows, then I guess it’s a win-win-ish deal. Sadly, I don’t think I have time for more shows to watch. :(

And ugh, this post reminds me of my old posts. Like, my 2009 ones. :\

 

 

* I’m not saying it’s unworthy for television. I was just shocked that something from the eighties would be on TV and not on nick@nite or TV Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment