Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Cheaters Caught!

I’m pretty sure most people have done some cheating during their academic career. That’s okay. I don’t really have a problem with some homework being done the class before it’s due, or getting an answer or two from a friend. However, people not having read books in a couple of years, or using websites extensively is where I drop the line.

This year in my APUSH class, lots of people are cheating. Too much. I’m not one of those people who are like “OMG CHEATERS! MUST TELL THE TEACHER!!!”, but it’s been getting on my nerves. These people don’t even bother to hide their cheating. I always hear some particular kids brag about how they always use CourseNotes.org for outlines and the teacher always gives them As. I see these people in the library at lunch finding information for the in class DBQs. When there are substitute teachers and we have busywork, these students always are working together straight out cheating (I. E. “I’ll do 1 and 2 if you do 3 and he does 4, 5, and 6*). But apparently these people never get caught. For a while, I was considering joining them, but I always was hesitant, just in case I’d be the first one to be caught.

However, today, justice has finally reached that class. Or the closest thing to it.

Today, in class, our teacher announced that he’s aware that some half the class plagiarizes their outlines from websites. He also said that we have to handwrite them now, so even if the cheaters use these website, they’ll have to read the content. The (caught) cheaters received Fs for this outline. However, he said he’s probably not going to tell the administration. What? Plagiarism is plagiarism. They’ve been doing this since the beginning of the year. They’ve cheated on other stuff, too. And then there are these people’s other classes. Why should he let this slide? Baring teeth smile

3 comments:

  1. Yay! They got caught! That's good that they all got caught :)! I mean I cheat sometimes in Bio off of my friend, but then they cheat off of me some days, and usually it's only for busy work. Doing that for an AP class is stupid. Why did they even take AP if they were going to be so lazy?

    Wow! That's stupid that he didn't report them! He should have reported them! Maybe he didn't want to seem 'mean', but it's still a dumb reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure most people have cheated by the time they reach high school. I'm okay with that, though, as opposed to constantly cheating.
    And I was annoyed too. I feel like he wanted to save his reputation, which is dumb, because he's already unpopular with the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah true, people who constantly cheat shouldn't even be in AP classes. They should just take the regular ones if the classes are too hard for them/they don't want a lot of work.

    Lol I have a teacher like that. It does suck when they do that.

    ReplyDelete