Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Generations and Unleashed

A couple of weeks ago, I had a post on how there’s next to nothing for kids to do in The Sims 3. Later, The Sims 3 Generations was rumored to be announced, ironically. Now, there have been screenshots and a trailer for not only Generations but for Unleashed, as well.

And honestly? I’m unimpressed by both.

From the Generations trailer:

  • I thought the toddler scenes were already able to be created. They didn’t show anything new. I’m sure that there are tons of pictures of toddlers learning skills already. It didn’t look like anything you’d need the EP for that.
  • Kids’ costumes? Cute. I think they might be in the store already (I don’t really keep up with the store so I’m not sure), and  I’m pretty sure there’s already CC costumes. But hey, still cute.
  • Tree houses seem nice. I’m no coding expert, but I think that it would be programmed the same way the Jungle Gym would be, so I wonder why EA hasn’t created it before.
  • Stink bombs seem bad. And so do the other pranks. I’m guessing they’ll just amount to a bad moodlet, or something?
  • The teen party seems fun, but something that could be done in the base game (Or with LN if you want more bar/club stuff).
  • Water slides look cool.
  • Prom? Possible with the base game.
  • The bachelor party looks like it got left out of LN, and it’s possible with the base game.
  • Weddings! Yay! They need more wedding stuff. Seriously, I’ve been making my Sims’ weddings private elopements because the parties are so disorganized. But this should’ve been in the base game.
  • Midlife crisis makes stink bombs seem like a good idea.
  • I think the home videos (Last thing in the trailer) is adorable. Finally my elders will have stuff to do!

So the best ideas seem to be tree houses, water slides, and home videos? Yeah, I think I might want to hear some more about this EP. Another Twitter session would be nice.

And for the Unleashed trailer? To start this off, I’m going to be honest. I’m not so happy for pets coming back. I mean, the community might just stop complaining about missing their beloved pets (That sounds ruder than I thought it would), but I’m less than eager for pets. They would be cute at first in The Sims 2 Pets for the Wii, but then they’d be a nuisance. Then again, I’m pretty sure the console version will be nothing like the PC version. Anyway, on to the video.

  • Deer and raccoons in the game? Awesome. Okay, not really, but it sounds nice.
  • The park reminds me of the park from the Wii game.
  • Maybe there could be new community lots- Dog parks?
  • Skunks? Probably more moodlet givers, but oh well.
  • These pet traits seem vague. Another memory from the Wii game: I always gave the pets independent so their social need wouldn’t always go down, but they still were always feeling lonely.
  • Horses seem to be out of place for some of the neighborhoods (Specifically, Bridgeport), but if it’s what the fans want, I’ll accept it.

Again, I’ll need to know more about it before buying it.

Man, this post’s unorganized. And I need to work on my homework.

6 comments:

  1. Same ideas about Pets minus horses (They did look cool to me). But they could be very out of place. LOL I could imagine seeing a horse in Bridgeport due to EA's stupidity!

    Generations looked sort of fun to me. I've never been big on pranks. In Sims 2 they were downright annoying, and they'll most likely be the same for Sims 3 (Even if they did look more creative [and immature] than the joy buzzer and water balloon pranks in Sims 2). You're right about seeing a lot of content that could be staged, but the weddings looked pretty real and new to me.

    I mean they both look kind of good, but I won't be buying either of them. I know some people will really enjoy the features though, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see it now! Go into exclusive clubs by running over the bouncer!

    I probably won't buy either of them now, seeing as how little I know about them, and EA isn't exactly my favorite company now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol XD!

    Yeah me neither. They both look average to me. There are a few nice things in Generations, but in Unleashed it just looked like your town would get over-run by strays.

    And EA is known for staging stuff, so the cool stuff in the Generations trailer probably won' be half as cool in the actual game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True. The '40th Birthday' card on the fridge and the 'Youview' were pretty staged.
    And a year ago or something, they had a top 10 reasons to play Sims or something, and most, if not all of the reasons, were staged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah they were. I feel like I remember that, and seeing how they were mostly staged. I don't get why they don't just show game play like the Sims(1) EP trailer did. They started this staging thing in Sims 2 EPs (Technically it was just making the features look way more exciting and appealing than what they were back then), then it got worse in Sims 3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously. I get that people stage stuff for stories, but staging isn't right for advertising!

    ReplyDelete