Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Melissa & Joey Review

Last week, I talked about Melissa & Joey, ABC Family’s latest attempt at a sitcom. I also happened to watch another episode of the show yesterday.

The show is pretty good, and I actually laughed a bit. Yeah sure, it was mostly chuckles, but it was still funny.

I’m kind of annoyed, though, at the show for not giving either of the kids (or more accurately, teens) personalities yet. Lennox seems to just be the “Angsty teenage daughter niece”, while Ryder seems to be the “Annoying younger brother/nephew”. To be honest, I don’t even think I’ve seen Ryder do much in the three episodes. Yeah, sure, the show’s called Melissa & Joey, and not Melissa & Joey & Lennox & Ryder,  or Lennox & Ryder, but still, at least give the kids a personality!

In the third episode, Lennox gives herself a haircut, which goes Image from TV.comhorrible, and she has to wear a hat (pictured right), but they don’t really talk about it. Like, it’s not a side-plot or anything. It’s just there.

 

I guess I give the show some credit for not just splitting the kids in a separate side plot, but still, if the show’s about a male nanny, you’d think they’d be focusing on the kids he’s taking care of!

Overall, though, I would say this show’s good. Melissa and Joey (How many times have I said those two names?) is pretty good for something on ABC Family. Unlike “Pretty Little Liars” or “Huge”, Mel and Joey (And Rider and Lennox) are a “New Kind of Family”.

No comments:

Post a Comment