Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, everyone. I hope you had a good time today, whether you had to go to school/work or not. We had a half day here, which most of my classmates on Facebook weren’t so crazy about. Yeah, sure, I’d rather have school closed, too, but I didn’t go far as calling the school district racist. I mean, not closing on a national holiday is the same thing as segregation, discrimination, and no religious freedom, right? And besides, there are ethnic, national, and religious holidays everyday. Do you expect to have no school every holiday? Also, teachers paused the curriculum and had a lesson related to Martin Luther King, Jr. And I’m pretty sure that most of these students wouldn’t observe the holiday if there was no school, but I’ll give everyone the benefit of a doubt.

I had little homework today, so I went to the mall once the half day was over. Most of the stores that I go to are getting less gender neutral. A year ago, the stores that I went to had one side for guys, and the other for girls, with the middle having clothes for both genders. A couple of months ago, the middle had more stuff for girls. Now, not only is the middle completely for girls, but girl clothes is in the guy section, too. Okay, Aeropostle executives (Or whoever is in charge of stuff like this), I stick with your store even if some of the clothes is like a walking advertisement. Can’t you be nicer with your customers (Where have I heard that question before?)?

And in other news, there’s a new How I Met Your Mother tonight, but The Joy Behar Show got moved to 10 PM for Dr. Drew. I don’t see why Drew couldn’t get the 10 PM slot. I mean, Joy’s is (somewhat) of a comedy, while Drew’s show is about rehab and addiction. Wouldn’t it make more sense to push that show?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks you too. I got the whole day off. My mom, who is a teacher, got the day off too because someone called complaining about how her school district was being racist last year and threatened to sue them. That is pretty stupid about the kids saying that cause I doubt any of them would have observed it if they had had the day off.

    That's good that you didn't have a lot of homework to do. That sucks about stores becoming less gender neutral. I don't really go to the mall in the winter cause where I live there was an inside, normal mall, but then an outside mall opened and all of the good stores went there, and it's cold walking outside lol. Plus a bunch of the mean kids at my school hangout at the outside mall 24/7 lol.


    And yeah that Dr. Drew show is pretty depressing. It would make more sense for it to be on later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, seriously. It's crazy what people will do for a day off.

    Aw that sucks. :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :). And that is pretty crazy. It's one thing if they were actually going to observe it, but most of them wouldn't anyways.

    ReplyDelete