Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

No School Today!

Because of lots of snow, midterms for today got pushed back a day. Yeah, sure the whole “Let’s get it over with” method can’t really work now, but oh well. At least I get another day to study for AP USH. Smile There’s been so much snow this winter that I don’t think I’ve seen grass that much since 2010.

This January went by quickly. I’ve had a lot of early dismissals, snow days, delayed openings, and even a religious holiday this month, which is good, because January usually just drags on and on.

And Mayor Bloomberg decided to close the NYC public schools, which was pretty good. They didn’t get a snow day a couple of weeks ago, and I heard that the NYC snow plow people didn’t do the best job everywhere, so it’s nice that the kids get a day off.

And yesterday, on My Sims 3 Blog, Newsea (ironically) made a free hair, which was less than warmly received. Even for a Newsea hair. Offensive comments related to sexuality, disabilities, and race flooded the comment box. How did this hair look anyway?

image

Yikes. The bangs look okay. The ponytail? I repeat, yikes.

From the inoffensive comments, an anonymous person summed up some of my thoughts:

realistichairs

And then they posted dozens of links to hair.

And Ayaa handled the offensive comments well:realistichairs2

And (s)he mentioned Fran Drescher, too!

And later, another anonymous person summed up my other thoughts:

realistichairs3

The hair isn’t too bad on the black haired model, but it looks worse on the others. It’s just too much hair.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your day off ! And that hair is... wow. I don't really like it. Then again they it was a "free" hair or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I kind of did, even though I mostly studied.
    And yeah, the hair's a mess. It's too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. That's good that you got extra study time then :). It is sort of too much. Actually a lot lol.

    ReplyDelete