Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Some Shows don’t know when to end

Last month, Larry King Live ended after 25 years. Oprah’s show is also ending after 25 years. Sunday, Hannah Montana ended after 5 years. And two days ago, Regis Philbin announced that he will be leaving his talk show.
However, some shows just don’t know when to end. Like American Idol. After 10 seasons, plenty of rule changes, and new judges, this show just won’t stop. But why?
Other than the obvious reason, money, it’s puzzling why the show’s still on. The past few winners haven’t been that famous or successful, and at this point, the real winners are the runner-ups and other contestants who aren’t contractually obliged to 19 Entertainment.
With both Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell gone from the judging table this year, the show won’t be the same. While the contestants’ talents always varied, the judges’ antics would always be there. But now that the two interesting judges are out of the picture, why will people watch?
As rude as this sounds, I personally want to see the show end already. I mean, with Simon bringing The X Factor and Paula Abdul with that one new dance show (Live to Dance?), the more memorable judges have new shows, so people could just watch those. And I’m pretty sure the new ‘It Reality Show’ is Dancing with the Stars. So can’t it just end already? Ten seasons is a good run, right?

7 comments:

  1. Totally agree! It should just end. A lot of shows seem to overstay their welcome. I haven't watched this season, and I really don't plan to because since Paula was gone Simon and Ellen were the only interesting judges and now that they're both gone it's not interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I haven't watched it in a couple of seasons, because I've lost interest and I have no time to.
    I'm glad they got rid of that Kara judge, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah she was so annoying! I sort of watched last season. I watched the auditions and the finale, but that was it. After Paula left it went downhill. Kara was just stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. I read her interviews and she always gave the stupidest responses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol she did? I never really bothered with her. She gave the most generic advice. At least Paula was just nice, Kara was sort of mean and didn't really do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. And to think she had an actual job before Idol. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ughhh. Hard to believe. She was so boring

    ReplyDelete