Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

You know you’re an Internet Addict when…

…it’s snowing outside, yet your laptop might as well be hotter than the sun.

Today, there was lots of snow, so we got an early dismissal from school, and yesterday, I didn’t go to school, because I was observing Armenian Christmas (And doing lots of homework). Normally, I’d be elated (SAT Prep word!) with this, but I have lots of work for most classes, so I’ll be spending this weekend doing homework.

Monday’s How I Met Your Mother was good, yet sad. They mentioned Armenians (And not with a cheap Kardashian reference), which is always a good thing, but it wasn’t exactly flattering. I’m glad they didn’t leave Marshall’s and Lily’s fertility/pregnancy storyline for the season finale. Let’s face it, most shows leave pregnancies and childbirths for season finales. So you’re telling me every woman in a sitcom gets pregnant or gives birth in May and June? The only exceptions are probably Phoebe Buffay on Friends, who got pregnant in January and gave birth in October. Where was I again?  :P Apparently there was a countdown leading to the bad news, but I didn’t notice it.

Jersey Shore premiered with its 3rd season. Angelina (The only roommate I could sympathize, shockingly), isn’t on, so my interest for the show is gone. I don’t even know how they’ve been filming the show since season 2. I mean, now that the cast knows that they’re celebrities, are they just sleeping with anything in sight that moves and getting drunk as they can for the ratings? Is it becoming more scripted now? I have a feeling that the show might be going downhill, even if this season had the best ratings. While almost all of the people at my school watched it, most of them said “It’s getting stupid now”, which means that people are getting tired of it, hopefully. And apparently, there are going to be new versions of this show, but with other regions, including a southern version, which will be just as much of a train wreck as the original, but I’m somewhat interested in watching.

4 comments:

  1. Lol that's cool that you got released early :]. I haven't watched How I Met Your Mother in a longggggg time usually cause on Mondays I'm exhausted. What's been happening in it? Is Lily pregnant? And yeah Jersey Shore is so bad lol. It's so stupid now that it's kind of interesting. It does feel so much more dumb than the original which was pretty trashy to begin with (But entertaining lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, even though it didn't snow that much.

    In this episode, Lily and Marshall got fertility tests because they wanted to make sure they could have kids.**Spoiler** Turns out they were both fertile but Marshall's dad died of a heart attack.

    The first season was entertaining, with things like Snooki getting punched and the Angelina drama. I didn't pay much attention to season 2, so I don't really have an opinion on it. Then again, if it was on at a more convenient time (And if I didn't have so much school work), I'd probably be watching the show a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it took me so long to get back. That's good that they're both fertile, but sad about his dad. Thanks :].

    If it was on a better time I probably would watch Jersey Shore more too. It is entertaining kind of even if it is trashy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's okay, and you're welcome.

    Yeah. There's something reassuring about watching other people screw their lives up lol.

    ReplyDelete