Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

I’ve got some explaining to do…

This week was the first full week of school we’ve had since… December 2010. As in, first full five day week, without any inclement weather issues. For some reason, this meant that my teachers decided to give me loads of homework. Okay, so the loads of homework stopped Tuesday, meaning I haven’t had that much since Wednesday. But still, that explains my absence. I really hate using the “Sorry guys, I have schoolwork” excuse. It’s so overused. But sometimes, real life happens.

The snow’s starting to melt a bit. I might actually see grass before March!

And I think I know what electives I want to take. Math SAT Prep, Contemporary Issues Honors, and AP US Gov. Contemporary Issues Honors is more or less “Discuss current events”, and I heard the teacher’s nice, which is good. AP US Gov also has a nice teacher, and I heard it’s an easy AP class. On the other hand, I might not stay in APUSH (I’m conferencing with my teacher about it next week), so I don’t know if I should take another AP class. I also want some ‘fun’ electives, because with those electives, the only “nonacademic” class would be gym. So, yeah.

And speaking of electives, we got new ones this semester- Computer Science, and Computers in Art (AKA Photoshop). Computer Science is okay so far. It’s still in the introduction stage, which is annoying, but I’m hoping that it’s just a phase. Computers in Art isn’t in the intro phase, which is good, but the teacher talks too much for the lectures and gives little time for assignments. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Those electives sound fun :)! Your school system has some really good electives, my school district's pretty lame with them. As for taking another AP class, that's up to you. If you took one this year, then you probably could get away with only taking one next year plus you'll be taking honors too, so you should do whatever you think will work better for your schedule.

    Your new electives sound fun too. That sucks about the teacher giving long lectures though. I hate when teachers do that kind of stuff. Especially when the lectures aren't even interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there are lots of good electives (Or at least ones that sound good).
    That's true, too. I guess I'll just think about it more.

    Seriously. And it sucks when teachers know that no one's paying attention, and they'll have to answer everyone's questions later, but they just keep on going.

    ReplyDelete