Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Driving Stuff

I passed the written Driver’s Test in November. I turned 16 at the end of January. I got the permission slip to take driving lessons 2 weeks ago. I got the want to drive… never.

I was supposed to begin driving lessons last week, but after seeing the prices online, I didn’t want to drive. I also remembered how my Driver’s Ed teacher told our class that we have to make appointments early, because the DMV and stuff are always busy. That pretty much turned me off from driving. This means that I could only take the driving lessons/ 6 hours on weekends. And I’m not even sure if they’re open on the weekends. And I get lots of homework most weeknights, so even if I don’t have homework, it’s not like I could go to them because they’re busy.

I think I’m the only teen who has no drive to learn how to drive (Pun intended). I mean, I do want to learn how to drive eventually (As in, before junior year), but not right now. I also forgot almost every single driving law (Other than alcohol is bad, wear a seatbelt, and obey the speed limit) there is. Gas prices and car accidents and stuff also make me lose my interest to drive. I guess I’ll just learn during the summer.

This makes me envy how easy driving is in the Sims. Once you’re a teen, you’re able to drive. No gas to worry about (Unless you’re Eco-Friendly), no car accidents (Even with the weird bus turns), and no driving lessons. Just a creepy Vehicle Enthusiast trait.

3 comments:

  1. That sucks about driving lessons. I feel the same way about wanting to learn to drive though. It seems like a hassle with all of those laws, and it takes so long.

    Lol if driving was like it was in Sims, that would be so awesome! LOL @ Vehicle Enthusiastic trait! That thing is creepy o.0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. The process feels so long and there are so much restrictions that it just makes me lose any interest I have in driving whatsoever.

    Seriously! I haven't given it to any Sim yet because that's how weird it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it does seem pretty long. Plus, a ton of restrictions are being put on young drivers, so it's kind of pointless to get it as soon as you can :/.

    Lol yeah! It's just weird! Especially how you can become best friends with it! So creepy.

    ReplyDelete