Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Since it’s Confirmed…

It took nearly a month for The Sims 3: Generations to be officially confirmed by EA. I remember hearing about it during Winter Break, when it was just a rumor. And now, during Spring Break, EA has officially acknowledged Generations for a couple of days now. I really want to know what took them so long. Especially if a trailer got leaked and everything. But now with another trailer, and other official stuff, here are my thoughts on the new stuff announced.

I feel like EA put in memories to calm everyone down, after all their scandals. Will they calm down everyone, though? Probably not. Every time that EA releases a game, there are lots of glitches. And memories alone won’t be able to replenish EA’s reputation. Only time will tell, though.

I wonder why EA’s only putting in two traits this time, too. Rebellious seems to be more or less just “Your Sim likes to prank,” which they could’ve call “Prankster” or something. When I think of rebel, I think of cutting school, stealing, breaking curfew, and vandalism, not pranksters. The Nurturing trait seems like it’s only for strict parents/elders, or “Goody-two shoes” teens. Kind of like stuff they could have put for Family Oriented.

I’m really glad that kids, teens, and elders are getting stuff to do, because those are the most boring stages in the game. The new costumes and playground stuff will hopefully add stuff for kids to do. I’m curious on what they want to do for graduations. I have a feeling it’s just going to be an average party, except with teens in graduation robes. And maybe monetary gifts.

I’m still not going to get it at its release. I’ll still be in school then, and I’ll have finals to worry about. And $40 is too much for any EA game (I’ve said that too much on this blog, haven’t I?). Plus, I’d rather read about the glitches and stuff, rather than experience them firsthand.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Good thoughts. It probably is better for you to wait until you see what the EP is really like before you buy it. It sort of seems like a lot of the things in the trailer only look so awesome because EA used nice camera angles for the trailer.

    They're putting memories in? I didn't really read up on it too much. That's probably going to be overdone or underdone. If they did them like they did memories in Sims 2, that could cause A TON of memories especially with the open world. And then when you play another family than your main one, I wonder if the main family will still get memories, and if they do how many will they get? A ton or just a few. Idk that seems sort of dumb to put them in there, but a lot of people wanted it so.... I guess they got what they asked for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on the camera angles. That's probably what the EA employees get paid for. To make cool videos.

    And yeah, they are putting memories in. I never really thought about how they'd work, though the too much or too little thing would probably happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that probably is why most of them get paid :p! I guess no one would really want to buy their EPs if they just showed game play and not a lot of staged events. Although they showed actually gameplay for Sims (1) so.....


    Yeah memories might be cool, but they'll probably under-do it or over-do it. But a ton of people have asked for them, so I guess those people might be happy.

    ReplyDelete