Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Late Night

I’ve been playing in Late Night for a while, and I’m a bit impressed. As much as EA sucks (And I find new reasons to hate them everyday), this game isn’t completely horrible. Yeah, sure, I haven’t explored everything fully yet, so this will probably change later.

Things I like

  • New Skills
    • Now, Sims who I feel could be musicians don’t have to be limited to the guitar. The Symphony career makes sense now! Sure, I'll probably never make another Sim garden or fish because of the new music skills, but oh well.
    • Mixology seems like a fun skill. Then again, after having the same old skills for a while, I’m okay with any new skill.
  • New Objects
    • The Nightclub stuff (Strobe light, Disco ball thing Which I totally forgot the name of, special effect machine, and dance floor) are nice, because now clubs could actually look like clubs.
    • The hot tubs! These were some of the only stuff I remember positively from The Sims 2 Pets for the Wii (That needs an abbreviation).
    • I still don’t know how to put elevators in properly, but I think I’d like them if they functioned properly.
    • I’m okay with the fish tank being virtual, since I’m not too fond with the fishing skill.
    • The bubble bar is another must have for clubs.
    • The new couches, bathroom, and kitchen stuff look better than the base game ones.

       Things I don’t like

  • Bridgeport
    • I decided to play in Bridgeport because I didn’t feel like putting the clubs and stuff individually in a different town. Plus, I thought the penthouses and other features would be cool. The apartments weren’t really that great because of the whole ‘One household an apartment’ thing. Also, as big as it is, it’s impossible to put your own lots in the town, because of how little flat land there is.

Of course, these stuff probably vary based on how you play (Legacies, stories, one person households, etc.).

And when will EA confirm Generations? It’s been like a month since it’s been rumored, and we haven’t even heard if the trailer’s real or not.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! For elevators, you have to put it against a wall if that makes sense. Or you could create a 2 by 2 square in the middle of the room, and then stick it there. Bridgeport is pretty meh. It did have a lot of fun objects though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. The only parts I like are the park with the dome type of thing on it (I forgot the name), and the clubs. But with Edit Town, you could put both of those in other towns.
    This reminds me, I have to check out Twinbrook sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Yeah Bridgeport has a lot of the features, but once you're able to get around to adding them to the other towns it's pretty useless and ugly. Dome thing? I think I know what you're talking about... I didn't really check out too much of it.
    Lol Twinbrook is cool, but you kind of have to play the architect 'profession' so the inside of the houses aren't so bleh.

    ReplyDelete