Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Avril Lavigne is Coming Back?!?

For those of you who don't know me very well, I actually like Avril Lavigne. Back when I didn't really listen to music, her song "Complicated" popped out to me a lot. "My Happy Ending" was also another one of my favorite songs from a few years ago. Then, in 2007, she made another album, containing the hit song "Girlfriend". It was good. No, it was great. The problem? It wasn't the Avril Lavigne I knew and listened to. She went from Canada/America's Favorite Tomboy
to um, America/Canada's favorite hypocrite?

Don't get me wrong, her newest album had a lot of good songs("Girlfriend", "When You're Gone", "Hot", "Everything Back but You", to name a few), but it just wasn't her. Yeah, people could change, but seriously, not that much. Especially if you had a hit song called "Sk8er Boi", which is about a ballerina rejecting a skater boy. Even though she looks waay better than she did before(Though that's just an opinion) I can't help but feel she changed too much.


So where was I again? Oh yeah. She's coming back after making the Abbey Dawn line, and her Black Star perfume fragrance. As in, she's making another album. Due November 17, 2009. She said she wrote most of these songs as a teenager, and they're going to have a lot of emotion and feeling. To be honest, I'm kind of worried, because Let Go, her debut album, didn't have the best lyrics. She wrote it when she was a teen. Plus, I'm not exactly a fan of her slow songs ("Tomorrow", and "Too Much to Ask" weren't my favorite songs). Last time I checked, slow songs held more emotion. So yeah, kinda worried.

My dream Avril album? A lot of great party songs, a good pop-punk song, and just one or two emotional songs. And if Avril sticks to her blond hair. Her first single should come out soon, though. I'm excited, overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment