Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie

So while I was on vacation, I watched Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie, because of bad weather. And it was pretty good, even though I did notice a lot of similarities to past DCOMs:
  • Family Vacation: The Even Steven's Movie, The Proud Family Movie. The Cheetah Girls 2 and 3 somewhat apply but not really, seeing as they're not a family. (Also, in all of these movies, they've gone somewhere tropical, but that's excused because who'd want to go somewhere colder for vacation?)
  • "I'm 16, I could do whatever I want!": The Proud Family Movie, anyone?
  • Backstabbing Person: Spoiler: The Magician , and remember Marisola's mom in The Cheetah Girls 2?
  • Magical Elements: The Twitches franchise. Yeah, I realized that's like saying "Camp Rock copied High School Musical because they both have singing!", but yeah, this is mostly because the Russos are just using spells, unlike in the show, where they also had all kinds of magical things and creatures to deal with.
Well, that was about it, but SE and I figured that it you combine all of those, Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie will be your result. The only things I disliked in the movie were:
  • The mom, Theresa, was shown as an antagonist. Personally, Theresa is actually one of my favorite characters from the show- Disney shouldn't try to make her seem like a villain. Otherwise, she'll get written off, like Tanya of That's So Raven.
  • Harper wasn't in it a lot. Then again, it would be weird if she would be there at the vacation, seeing as she's not a Russo.

No comments:

Post a Comment