Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

It’s the Holiday Season…

…And it’s time for some holiday-related, short rants!

Do Disney and Nickelodeon do holiday related specials, anymore? I know that there’s a Big Time Rush special premiering tonight (Which, they completely spoiled in the commercials for it), and on Disney, the Sonny with a Chance holiday special’s on again, as well as another special, but I forgot what it was. Could the fact that they’re competing be anymore blatant?

And I know that seems like a lot of holiday specials, but:

  • Hannah Montana hasn’t had any Christmas specials. At all. Especially weird, seeing as the Cyrus family is pretty religious? The closest they’ve had is “Killing me Softly with his Height”, which wasn’t really Christmas themed. It was just about Miley dating a guy who works as an elf at the mall. And she was prejudiced because he was short. They also had “'It’s the End of Jake as We Know it”, which was just about Hannah filming a Christmas special while breaking up with Jake. You’d think they’d have an episode relating to the holiday.
  • Wizards of Waverly Place hasn’t had any specials, either. I guess since Disney’s using the “They’re magic! And Christmas doesn’t like magic!” excuse.
  • Jonas, the short-lived show featuring the JoBros, didn’t have any specials, and the Jonases are religious, too.
  • The network also hasn’t really made any ‘Holiday movies’ like they used to, and they don’t show much, either. And The Ultimate Christmas Present is being shown at 2 PM on a Monday afternoon. And that night, what are they showing? 16 Wishes. One of the worse Disney TV movies.

And at the moment, HM and WoWP are probably the network’s most popular shows. So, why haven’t they done much for the holidays? Disney do you think the holidays are ‘lame’? If you haven’t noticed, ABC Family’s doing the 25 Days of Christmas!

Last Friday, I watched TV’s Funniest Holiday Moments: A Paley Center for Media Center. I didn’t know most of the stuff, but I still laughed at some- specifically the Murphy Brown turkey fiasco, the All in the Family Christmas carolers, and the Seinfeld Christmas card. Friends was on twice, which was awesome, because that show typically gets forgotten about for these types of stuff. It also was number one! So here’s to Friends!

I want to do something Christmas related in The Sims 3, but I don’t know what.

Zynga games everywhere (on Facebook) are having holiday deals for stuff, including Christmas/Hanukkah/Winter decorations (Both cash and free!) and they also have gift cards. The gift cards are pretty blatant, but whatever.

I want to watch Home Alone some time this month. It’s my favorite Christmas movie. Large, semi-dysfunctional family from the ‘90’s during Christmas? Count me in!

2 comments:

  1. I always loved the That's so Raven one. <3 It had themes like the mall, gifts, and family traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.
    And it made me think I could play hooky as an eighth grader to go to the mall. :P

    ReplyDelete