Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

TV Show King 2

A while back, I complained about the lack of good games for the Nintendo Wii. Mike suggested getting some Wii Ware games, like TV Show King. After researching it, I found out there was a sequel for it and decided to get that later. When my brother bought me 2000 Wii Points for Christmas, I decided to get it. Surprisingly, it was great.
The game has a lot of different elements from game shows, like the wheel (Wheel of Fortune), suitcases (Deal or No Deal). It also has a traditional question/answer format, like almost every other game show imaginable which has categories from general knowledge to sports, to science, and to literature.
The questions are good, and eclectic (I never thought I’d use that word in my blog). There are some easy questions, but there are some hard ones, too. It depends on what you know, though. If you keep up with movies and TV shows and stuff, those categories (probably) will be a breeze for you. There’s also a math section, which has pretty easy questions. If you’re a sports fanatic, then you’re in luck for those parts. Anyway, the questions are mixed. Unless you’re experts in all those areas, you probably won’t get all the questions right, which is good, because being in the lead all the time isn’t always fun. You could also make your own questions.
The wheel could change the entire game. That goes both ways, though. Most of the time, it will result to yelling at the game in a way similar to Mario Kart cursing, or cheering.
The graphics are pretty good, especially for a Wii game. There are lots of colors, and the Miis are well drawn, too.
Overall, this is a fun game. The only thing is that I couldn’t play on Wi-fi, but I’m not sure if it’s a technical problem, or if nobody else was playing at the time. It’s a fun party game, and it’s only for 800 Wii Points.

4 comments:

  1. Hm haven't got the second one. I'll have to try it when I get Wii points lol. Thanks for the review :]

    Lol at Mario Kart cheering/cursing. Things change so easily with items there lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, while I was searching the first one, I saw there was a second and decided to get that one, and you're welcome.

    Yeah, seriously. I've yelled at that game so much, it's a mystery why I still play. Maybe because I haven't unlocked everyone yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah lol, I unlocked everyone minus dry bowser and the second Mii on there. I screamed at the screens when I would get hit by a blue shell right before I finished lol. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's way more than me.
    At the moment, I think I have unlocked Birdo and some of the baby characters...? I know I probably have unlocked more, but I don't remember them at the moment. I've unlocked all the places, though.

    ReplyDelete