Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Life's a Game and it's not Fair...

Wow. I'm using the Blogger website to write a post for once. No, there's nothing wrong with Windows Live Writer. I'm typing on my desktop which is somewhat old, so I can't risk downloading anything unneeded.

Today, I didn't have a lot of homework to do, so I decided to stay after. There's an annual hallway decorating contest (How Martha Stewart/ Nate Berkus) at my school by grade, and the winning class get money for the prom, so I wanted to help.

It was a disaster.
My grade had a meeting (Which I couldn't go to, because of personal errands), and decided on a theme. The theme was a famous board game, yet nobody knew how to decorate with it (Name of the board game left out for anonymity reasons). Not much people showed up, and there were even less stuff brought in. The class president, SRB, and the VP-lackey were just complaining how nobody else brought stuff in, and how there was such a low attendance rate (They didn't bring stuff, either). However, the teacher who was advising our class called them out for it, saying (More or less):
Okay, being in the student government does not mean that you could boss others around all the time. You shouldn't have just expected everyone else to bring stuff in. You guys should have brought some stuff, too. If you only brought yourselves, what were you expecting?
Oh yeah, and neither SRB or VP knew anything about the game (Which is famous, like 'The Game of Life' level), so the decorations were facepalm-worthy. I told them 'Have you ever even played the game?', and the teacher agreed with me (Not sure how you could agree to a question, but it makes sense in context).

And by the end, the decorations were shoddy.

Oh well. There will be other times to fund-raise. And we could just not reelect these people next year. Or impeach. If that's possible for student government.

And tomorrow's the start of my Christmas/Holiday Break.

And congratulations to David Schwimmer, who's going to become a dad in a couple of months. Good luck.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's stupid about your student government. Anything that's on the game of Life famous, they should know lol. That's pretty sad. They sound annoying.

    And enjoy your break :]!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I get that lots of people don't play board games anymore, but really?

    And thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete